First of all, thank you for your willingness to serve your community in this way. Listening is a gift we can give that blesses both parties.
So, first things first…
- Decide where and when you are going to host a #listeningPost, coffee shops, libraries, museums, public spaces, offices. Get permission if you need it, for most places you wont, people meet and talk in spaces all the time.
- Share the details on facebook, create an event and share across all your social media sites, tell friends and family, be sure to add to the facebook page.
- Deliver, turn up and hold your #listeningpost, all you are required to do is listen. Not fix, not solve, not advise. Simply be present in the moment and listen.
- Feedback to us, tell us all how it went, what insights emerged for all involved.
- Finally, you may want to stay connected and continue to be part of growing or restoring as I see it, Listening Posts, in your community and the good news is you can.
- The next move is supporting people in your community to host listening posts … we can talk more about that later.Nancy Kline says it like this “The quality of our attention determines the quality of other people’s thinking”